- Click "Join JSDB".
- Enter the required information on the application screen and click "Confirm".
- After verifying the entered information on the confirmation screen, click "Provisional registration" to be registered provisionally.
- A transfer payment slip, to be used to make your annual membership fee payment, will be sent to you within two weeks.
- After you have paid the membership fee, complete the online membership registration.
- Once the administrative office has confirmed your payment, you will be officially registered as a member and sent a notification by e-mail.
| Membership types and fees|
(There is an additional processing fee if you pay by credit card)
- Full member: 10,000 yen
- Student member: 3,000 yen
Note that JSDB's fiscal year begins in April and ends in March.
- You will be entitled to a free subscription to Development, Growth & Defferentiation (one volume a year, consisting of nine issues)
- You will be entitled to present at the annual JSDB Meeting; the abstract book will be delivered to you in advance.
- You will receive a monthly e-mail with information for all members. It is also possible to receive a faxed version.
| Regarding the handling of personal information|
The JSDB currently has less than 5000 members and is therfore exempt from the list of entities handling personal information under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. Nevertheless, any personal information collected by the JSDB will be handled in accordance with this law, and will only be used for the purposes listed below. Further, this information will not be provided to a third party without prior consent. Part of the management and administration of the membership database is outsourced; hawever, the outsourced contractor has been requested to abide by the laws on handling personal information.
Uses of Personal Information:
- Compiling the membership list (available only to other members)
- Elections for President and other administrative seats
- Contacting or sending materials to members
- Confirming status of membership fees